Reel Factory ‘s catalog of equipment retains the Phantom Flex 4K camera system tailored for both production and live broadcast! Our crews have been operating every type of Phantom camera available for the past seven years, combined we offer the most experience in the country with these beautiful camera systems.
The diversity of content to be seen over 1000 frames is simply magical - from action sports to abstract colour, the Flex 4K’s image gives any production a unique and compelling advantage. The super 35mm CMOS sensor’s full resolution of 4096 x 2304 results in unbelievably crisp detail, with increased latitude in dynamic range. The camera’s ability to film in low-light conditions with out increased noise, gives the Flex 4K a variety of options in any given environment.
Tailored for both production and live broadcast, Reel Factory’s Phantom Flex package also comes with 4K IMOVIX technology, capable of high-resolution instant replays for live television – the only system available in all of Australasia.
Dynamic Colour and Vibrant picture
Cinematographers now have complete control of the super slow motion process with Phantom Flex 4K’s new on-board camera interface. Colour temperature, frame rate and desired codec can all be accessed on the camera body - eliminating the attachment of third party applications for a seamless workflow.
The on-camera interface allows for a process of ease between set-ups and logging camera information. Data is readily available for operator and director to view on-camera - ridding the procedure of having a computer connected at all times of filming.
The camera’s ability to film in low-light conditions with- out increased noise, gives the Flex 4K a variety of options in any given environment. Having the Flex 4K eliminates the need for other camera systems to be on location. Its capability of recording at 24, 25 and 30 FPS allows it to be the leading A Camera on shoots - becoming the complete production camera.
With three 3G-HDI outputs capable of supporting dual link 4K monitoring, the true detail of what is being captured can be viewed live to review in detail. These outputs can also be used as inde- pendent 4:4:4 1080p signals.
The availability of multiple codecs on the Flex 4K grants for a nimble workflow. Cinematographers and directors can choose their desired codec on-camera, without having to go through a lengthy conversion process in post-production.
Whats in the box?
- PL-mount standard
- Canon EOS optional
- B4 Mount optional
- 2 x 1TB Cine Mags
- IPad for wireless camera control
- Full DIT set up with Cinestation, Mac Laptop with Glue Tools Séance and Cine Toolkit for download and file conversion
- Raid system for most efficient dumping of all footage
- Riser for Arri baseplates
- 19mm Rod system with dovetail plate
- V-Lock mount adaptor
- Mains power supply
- Sachtler head and legs if required
Common resolutions and frame-rates, other resolutions available
4096 x 2304 - 938fps
4096 x 2160- 1000fps
2048 x 1080 - 1977fps
1280 x 720 - 2932fps
- CMOS sensor
- 4096 x 2304 pixels
- 6.75 µm pixel size
- 27.6 mm x 15.5 mm
- Super-35mm; 31.7mm diagonal
- Super-16mm format at 1920 x 1080
- Base ISO Color 200D; 250T
- Exposure index range 250-1250
- Recommended EI 800-1000 Color
- Base ISO Monochrome 800D; 2000T 12-bit
- Programmable trigger location (pre/post trigger recording)
- Trigger from camera body or via software
- Hardware trigger via Sync port
- Ipad wirless system
Trigger inputs also available on 3-pin accessory ports
- 4x 3G HD-SDI output BNCs (one reserved for viewfinder)
- 1x 3G HD-SDI return BNC, supports Genlock
- Sync connector for Trigger, time code, F-sync, AES/EBU Audio (via MiniBob or Capture cable)
- Remote (RCU) port
- Component viewfinder port
- Four Aux ports for power and trigger
(2x 12VDC and 2x 24V)
Supported File Formats
- Cine raw and Apple ProRes 422 HQ CineMag recording
PCC Cine file conversion to: Cine Compressed, Cine RAW, AVI, h.264 mp4, Apple ProRes .mov, Multipage TIFF, MXF PAL, MXF NTSC, Uncompressed QuickTime, Windows BMP, OS/2 BMP, PCX, TGA, TIFF, LEAD, JPEG, JTIF, RAW, DNG, DPX