Reel Factory were the first in New Zealand to be utilizing multi-rotor drone systems for flying moving cameras. When we were told by the old boys in the industry said that it would never work, we proved them wrong as the world followed in our footsteps with UAV operation. Our team specializes in capturing stunning aerial cinematography using the latest in light and heavy lift cinema drone technology.
Built to Perform
Our crew combines some of the worlds most experienced pilots, the latest film and video equipment with cutting edge stabilisation technology to ensure the smoothest footage and accurate flight patterns. Only the best technology is incorporated into our cinema drone systems. With the latest battery, motor and propeller technology - we have systems that can fly any Red Cinema camera, Alexa Mini, Sony cameras and so on.
Reel Factory undertakes aerial filming projects anywhere in the world. Our crew is working closely with the Civil Aviation with full 102 certification and Film New Zealand for all permitting and flight authorisations for every job undertaken.
Our team consists of highly trained pilots & and hot head operators who communicate direct to the DOP & Director. With over 30 years combined film experience, our crew delivers results that were not thought possible before. We help turn your project into reality with easy open communication that makes sense to all & provides a safe work environment.
HEAVY LIFT DRONE KIT
- Heavy Lift custom cinema drone
- Freefly MoviPro
- 2 x Remotes (one for drone pilot and one for camera operator)
- HDSDI Video feed, Paralinx Tomahawke with Array for 1km distance
- 2 x Small HD 7inch monitors
- 12 sets of flight batteries
- 6 sets of movi batteries
- All necessary battery chargers
- Comms for pilot and camera op
- Wireless follow focus (on prior arrangement)
- In house camera either Red Dragon, Sony FS74K or Black Magic Cinema 4K with canon 18-35mm lens (on prior arrangement)
- Custom-built van for transporting equipment ready to fly
- Broken down to 8 cases for national or international travel
- 2 x Full inspire two kits
- Batteries to fly all-day long
- Travel cases for national or international travel
- 5k Raw camera system
- 12mm, 24mm & 45mm prime lens options
- Up to 25 minute flight time
- Can fly up to 100kmph
- Full HD video link for the camera operator, client, and director