Reel Factory has taken ownership of two new complete camera kits. Sony’s latest addition to its large sensor line is a complete camera system that delivers long-form recording capabilities with 4K resolution in a compact, hand-held design. The new PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35 camcorder combines the flexibility of native E-mount technology, the recording efficiency of the XAVC-L codec; the transfer speed and intelligence of XQD memory cards; and comfortable, handheld ergonomics
The camera includes a low-pass video filter, progressive pixel reading and advanced camera processing to give users a broad span of creative treatments and options such as high speed recording, high resolution and high sensitivity, with less aliasing and less rolling shutter.
The camera’s 4 built-in ND filters allow full exposure control in a range of lighting conditions, without requiring external ND filter equipment. S- Gamut3/SLog3 & S-Gamut3.Cine/SLog3 are supported for flexibility of post- production options.
The new FS7 can be run on all of our camera platforms from shoulder rigs through to the Movi M15 in hand, on the drone and the cinema Jeep.
Key features of the PXW-FS7
- Sony’s Super 35 Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Native E-Mount; Compatible with A-Mount lenses (LA-EA4 A-mount lens adaptor required), 18 mm flange back distance
- On-board UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) and Full HD (1920 x 1080) recording
- Wide choice of recording systems
- XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)
- MPEG HD, 4:2:2, 50 Mbps (HD only)
- Apple ProRes codec (with future upgrade and extension unit, sold separately)
- RAW recording (with extension unit and outboard recorder, sold separately)
- Slow & Quick Motion for over-and under-cranking
- Dual XQD card slots
- 16-bit analog-to-digital converter